The success of Commellini Estate is determined by our success in operating as a unified team. We are committed to quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. Our standards and expectations of our staff are kept at the highest level to ensure customer satisfaction. We expect all employees to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, being courteous, helpful, and polite. We do background checks before hire, and reserve the right to do drug tests before hire and randomly during employment. If this is a problem for you, please do not apply. Our main priorities are customer service, quality, cleanliness and speed. We are looking for people who are outgoing, energetic, reliable, loyal, have a strong work ethic, and a good team player.
Commellini Estate is an equal opportunity employer.
Open Positions Updated 6/16/18
We are currently hiring to prepare for the upcoming busy summer season. Please apply to all positions in the form at the bottom of this page.
Assistant Banquet Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Field Operations & Banquet Manager
Supervises: Banquet staff: Banquet Captains, Servers, Bartenders, Setup and Teardown Crew
Liaises with: Executive Chef, Facilities Manager, Sales Manager, Sales coordinator and Wedding Coordinator
Scope and General Purpose:
The Banquet Manager oversees all aspects of a banquet or event, including set-up, menu selection and food presentation, serving, and cleanup while focusing on detail and quality presentation and customer service. Banquet managers are also responsible for all aspects of supervision of banquet staff including: hiring, training, coaching, disciplining and reviewing banquet staff.
• Approaches all encounters with guests and colleagues in a friendly, service-oriented manner
• Maintains constant communication with guests and on-site contact to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded
• Remains alert of complaints and/or unsatisfied guests and responds appropriately to ensure guest satisfaction
• Coordinates with other staff and departments to arrange for the delivery of requested services
• Maintains constant contact with kitchen staff to ensure complete effective communication between food production and food service
• Ensures all functions are set and staff is prepared and organized before required time on BEO
• Inspects table place settings, including table linen, china, glass, silverware and condiments for correct placement and ensures that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
• Ensures proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables
• Arranges for and ensures proper sequence of service for each event
• Monitors banquet team members to ensure all operating procedures are followed
• Supervises clearing and post function cleanup and garbage removal
• Maintains clean and orderly back areas, pre-function areas and storage areas
• Assures that all china, glassware, silverware, linen, etc are returned to their proper locations after each event
• Supervises the handling, storage, and security of all catering service equipment, including catering vehicles and golf carts
• Ensures staff training programs are implemented and measured regularly
• Conducts regular staff meetings to build rapport and ensure colleagues are well informed
• Provides colleagues with a work schedule each Thursday by 2pm
• Clearly projects the visions of the department and measures progress
• Conducts quarterly reviews of colleagues performance and provides council as needed
• Meticulously plans events with captains to ensure execution is achieved at the highest level
• Conducts regular meetings with catering managers and catering director to ensure the needs of the clients are being met
• Conducts regular meetings with the sales managers, VP Field Operations, as well as the executive chef to continuously evaluate strategies and ideas for enhancements to benefit the guests experience
• Conducts interviews carefully outlining the functions of the position for which a potential colleague is being interviewed for
• Reviews scheduling and labor needs to meet the guests needs as well as maximize efficiency
• Accurately prepares daily summary of events as required
• Attend meetings/trainings as required
• Accurately perform administrative tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills & Ability Requirements
• A degree in hospitality or business management is an asset but not required.
• Previous supervisory experience is required
• Knowledge of food and beverage operations and preparation is required
• Excellent communication and guest relation skills in English
• The ability to work well with a large group of people in a team environment
• Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays
Essential duties require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting and moving objects 50 lbs or more. The employee must have normal vision (corrected), hearing and verbal communication.
Duties are performed in both indoor and outdoor settings, with events often taking place in the elements in all four seasons. Events often involve loud music.
Time Requirement: Approximately 20-30 hours per week
This Job Description reflects management’s assessment of essential functions; however it does not prescribe nor restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Event Set-Up / Custodian / Grounds-keeping
We are looking for a Event Setup/Custodian/Event Set-Up person to help keep our facility clean and help with event setup and breakdown. The estate is 200 acres and has over 25 buildings on the property. Our business is comprised of multiple facets including:Wedding &Event Venue, Catering, and Duplex/Apartment Rentals.
At Commellini Estate, “teamwork” has real meaning, each person’s hard work is rewarded and recognized, and everyone — including residents, families, and every employee — can contribute to our innovative, progressive, and inclusive Community.
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks to include:
• Handle room/event set-ups and break-downs
• Sweeping interior and exterior, dusting, vacuuming, mopping.
• Trash removal
• Clean areas such as offices, restrooms, and event space.
• Assist with winter ice and snow removal.
• Assist with some minimal Landscaping
• Additional tasks and duties as needed
This position will have the chance to significantly impact our organization and the people we serve. The right candidate will have a calm demeanor and a serious desire to learn and grow. We need a candidate who will thrive in an environment that is collaborative, team-oriented, forward-thinking and fun.
Experience in Facilities Maintenance and handyman work is a plus. This position is requires walking, standing for prolonged periods of time, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50lbs.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen. We reserve the right to do drug tests before hire and randomly during employment. If this is a problem for you please do not apply. Our main priorities are customer service, quality, cleanliness and speed. We are looking for someone who is outgoing, energetic, reliable, dependable and loyal.
Hours will vary on season: 20-30 hours/week
We are seeking Event Staff to join our team. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for their work and can help create lasting memories for our guests. Event Staff provide operational functions before, during, and after events. Event Staff assist with site set-up, take down and design. This is a great opportunity to work in a fun environment while gaining experience in the wedding and event industry. Event Staff are part time employees used on a per event basis, usually Friday through Sunday.
Currently seeking experienced bartenders for events. Must be available Friday and Saturday evenings with the occasional banquet event during the week and Sunday. Experience is required. Apply by filling out the form below.
- Market, sell, and serve drink items
- Display working knowledge of all drink items and prices.
- Complete sidework and cleaning duties
- Be able to jump in where needed i.e. serving tables, dishwashing, etc
- Observe diners to fulfill any additional requests.
- Calculate the bill and accept payment
Under the direction of the Event Director, the intern will observe and assist with various projects assigned by the Special Events department. General responsibilities may include: Work with Special Events Manager and Event Coordinator to coordinate event logistics. Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including design, set up, and tear down. Maintain up-to-date event documents including site-schedule forms and action plans. To procure and organize supplies for events . Position will shadow marketing department staff, offer input into projects, will be invited to meetings, and may be asked to assist other departments.
Under the direction of the Marketing Director, the intern will observe and assist with various marketing projects in various mediums including social, digital, conventions, networking, and product development. General responsibilities may include: Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks. Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Website and social media optimization, keyword analysis. Cost/benefit analysis. In person conventions and networking events.
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Must be able to: Walks and stands during entire shift. Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift. Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety preventative and unscheduled maintenance in the areas of general building maintenance and lawn maintenance. This position will have the chance to significantly impact our organization and the people we serve.
The right candidate will have solid mechanical aptitude, a calm demeanor and a serious desire to learn and grow. We need a candidate who will thrive in an environment that is collaborative, team-oriented, forward-thinking and fun.
Experience in Facilities Maintenance and handyman work is preferred (ideally 2 years), but not required. Hours: 15-25 per week. Compensation: Based on experience.
Day of Event Coordinator
Day of Coordinator: Under the direction of the Banquet Manager and working with the Event Coordinator, the Day of Coordinator will assist in all aspects of day of event coordination. General responsibilities may include: Keeping the guests and host satisfied and strives to meet their needs. Check in with all vendors at the event to ensure they are prepared and cued. The primary focus of this position will be weddings, however it will also include corporate and other event day of coordination.
The Prep Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, and general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies. This position is part time position with flexible hours. 2 years minimum prep experience. Apply by filling out the form below.
o Experience with fresh prep in a quality kitchen
o Willingness to work hard
o Excellent knife skills
o Team player
o Attention to detail and punctual
o Passion for great food and a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and desire to serve others.
o Must be able to keep a quick pace and put out consistent and quality food every time.
Part time Chef: Commellini Estate Venue and Event Restaurant is currently seeking a qualified candidate for our part-time Chef position. We are a growing business with a reputation for rustic Italian food. Our ideal candidate will continue our tradition of making everything possible in-house and from scratch. Apply by filling out the form below.
*Maintaining extremely clean kitchen