Commellini Estate is a family owned and operated business. We were established in 1941, by Albert & Leda Commellini and have been proudly influencing the Spokane food and event culture ever since. We are located in North Spokane, Washington and offer a private location surrounded in the majestic trees and tranquil sounds of Spring Creek. Our venue has SIX onsite venue locations with indoor and outdoor options and can accommodate 15-300 people. We specialize in event design and coordination. We operate a casual Italian restaurant, called Tavola Calda, and we offer on and offsite catering services along with our Gourmet To Go food line. In addition, we offer monthly onsite events including cooking classes and wine tastings.
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
Open Positions Updated 12/13/2022
Day Of Event Coordinator
Under the direction of the Banquet Manager and working with the Event Coordinator, the Day of Coordinator will assist in all aspects of day of event coordination. General responsibilities may include: Keeping the guests and host satisfied and strives to meet their needs. Check in with all vendors at the event to ensure they are prepared and cued. The primary focus of this position will be weddings, however it will also include corporate and other event day of coordination.
We are seeking a reliable person with a good work ethic for a part time position as a general laborer at Commellini Estate. We are seeking someone who is physically strong and capable of setting up tables and chairs for events as well as some maintenance around the estate including yard work and snow removal.
Clean driving record, knowledge of tools and machine work (snow blower) is preferred.
This position has very flexible hours we can work around a work or school schedule. Please see availability requirements below.
– Would need some morning availability before 12:00 PM. This is for the winter season when snow would need to be removed before events or the office open. You can choose your shift time and in prior years, this is completed entirely at the convenience of the employee, therefore shift start can be between 5:00 AM- 12:00PM.
– Evening availability pending on the event schedule. These hours are a bit more structured and based on the event schedule but typically are with the hours of 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Currently seeking servers for our restaurant and catering events. Previous experience is preferred but not required.
- Greets customers as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
- Answers questions regarding the menu.
- Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
- Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to customers satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
- Collects plates and clears the table as customers finish their meals.
- Prepares customers checks and collects payments.
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of events
- Prolonged periods standing
- Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
Part-time and on call positions available. Shifts are typically scheduled in the afternoon and evenings Wednesday through Sunday. A few day shifts available.
The Prep Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff. Experience is preferred but not required; we are willing to train.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
The Bartender will prepare and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to patrons, oversee the stock of liquor and bar supplies, and collect money for drinks served.
- Receives orders from patrons and waitstaff.
- Prepares and serves liquor, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and nonalcoholic drinks as ordered.
- Ensures that fruit and other garnishes are prepared ahead of the opening of the bar.
- Maintains the bar and keeps it clean and organized.
- Attractively displays glasses and liquor bottles.
- Ensures that customers are of legal drinking age by checking photo IDs.
- Collects money from customers for drinks prepared and served.
- Uses proper judgment and, when necessary, refuses service to patrons who are intoxicated or disruptive.
- Submits orders or creates requisition forms for liquor, beer, and other bar-related supplies.
- Extensive knowledge of drink preparation or service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on serving customers.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with unruly and argumentative patrons.
- Ability to learn cash register software used by bar or restaurant.
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing drinks.
- Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to lift at least 15 pounds.
- Must be legal drinking age or older.
Event Setup Crew
The Event Setup Crew members are responsible for set-up and teardown of events as well as cleaning and maintaining banquet functions as directed by the Event Manager. We are seeking for physically strong individuals who can frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8‐hours in length.
- Set-up and teardown of the meeting and event rooms as outlined by the BEO.
- Ensure that all decorations have been set properly according to the Event Manager
- Maintain venue including vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, dance floor, etc.
The Dishwasher will ensure that wares for the front and back of the house are clean and sanitized. Dishwasher will equally assist in food production where needed.
- Washes all wares including pots, plans, flatware, and glasses, by hand or using dishwashers.
- Correctly places and stores clean equipment, dishes, and utensils in assigned storage areas.
- Stocks serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and other assigned areas with necessary dishes and utensils.
- Cleans trash receptacles with water or steam.
- Moves dishwashing supplies and equipment from storage to work area by hand or using hand trucks.
- May assist in cleaning and preparing various foods for cooking and/or serving, as directed.
- Ensures work areas remain safe, clean, and orderly, adhering to all company, local, and state guidelines regarding health, safety, and sanitation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to understand and meet restaurant standards for health, safety, and excellence.
- Ability to remain alert and focused in an environment that is noisy and fast-paced.
- Ability to work effectively with kitchen staff.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Prolonged periods walking or standing.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 60 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and wipe frequently.
- Must frequently immerse hands in water.
- Must be able to work in a hot and damp environment.
How to Apply:
1. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify your availability and the position you are interested in.
2. Complete the application below:
The success of Commellini Estate is determined by our success in operating as a unified team. We are committed to quality and unparalleled customer service in all aspects of our business. Our standards and expectations of our staff are kept at the highest level to ensure customer satisfaction. We expect all employees to maintain a high level of professionalism at all times, being courteous, helpful, and polite. We do background checks before hire, and reserve the right to do drug tests before hire and randomly during employment. If this is a problem for you, please do not apply. Our main priorities are customer service, quality, cleanliness and speed. We are looking for people who are outgoing, energetic, reliable, loyal, have a strong work ethic, and a good team player.
Commellini Estate is an equal opportunity employer.
Part time Chef: Commellini Estate Venue and Event Restaurant is currently seeking a qualified candidate for our part-time Chef position. We are a growing business with a reputation for rustic Italian food. Our ideal candidate will continue our tradition of making everything possible in-house and from scratch. Apply by filling out the form below.
*Maintaining extremely clean kitchen
Recently Filled Positions
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety preventative and unscheduled maintenance in the areas of general building maintenance and lawn maintenance. This position will have the chance to significantly impact our organization and the people we serve. The right candidate will have solid mechanical aptitude, a calm demeanor and a serious desire to learn and grow. We need a candidate who will thrive in an environment that is collaborative, team-oriented, forward-thinking and fun. Experience in Facilities Maintenance and handyman work is preferred (ideally 2 years), but not required. Hours: 20-30 per week. Compensation: Based on experience.
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Must be able to: Walks and stands during entire shift. Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift. Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.
Servers & Event Team Members
We are seeking Event Staff to join our team. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for their work and can help create lasting memories for our guests. Event Staff provide operational functions before, during, and after events. Event Staff assist with site set-up, take down and design. This is a great opportunity to work in a fun environment while gaining experience in the wedding and event industry. Event Staff are part time employees used on a per event basis, usually Friday through Sunday.
We are seeking Executive Chef to join our team. Candidates should have attention to detail, customer minded, team oriented, willingness to learn, punctual, and a desire to continue our tradition of making items in-house and from scratch. In addition to back of house skills, the ideal candidate should enjoy interacting with customers, as they will be an integral part of teaching in our cooking classes.
Farmers Market Associate
Commellini Estate is looking for a dynamic, outgoing individual with impeccable integrity and outstanding interpersonal skills person to fill their Farmer’s Market Associate position. This position includes setting up our market booth, working the booth, preparing the product line, operating the booth during market hours, engaging customers with samples , and providing a positive image as a spokesperson for the estate. Must have a pristine driving record as you will be operating our commercial van to and from the market. In addition, must love Italian food!
Tuesday Fairwood Market: 12:00 PM -8:00 PM (until 10/12)
Wednesday Kendal Yards Night Market 2:00 PM- 9:30 PM (until 9/22)
4 Fridays at Big Barn Brewery 2:30PM- 8:30 PM (Currently scheduled for 9/17, 10/8, 10/15 & 10/22)
Saturday Liberty Lake Farmers Market 6:00 AM-2:30 PM (until 10/9)
If desired, additional hours available as a part of our Event Staff Team or Restaurant Team for year round employment.