Intimate Wedding Details
Before diving in, you should know this is our third and final blog in the Unveiled 2019 Wedding Trend series. Previously we have taken a peek at the upcoming 2019, food trends and wedding themes. If you’re in the midst of planning your wedding or simply dreaming about your future wedding, you should REALLY check out these two blogs. You will NOT regret it. Now on to those intimate wedding details…
Your wedding day is filled with big moments shared between two people in love and their family and closest friends. This day is dedicated to the declaration of your love for one another in front of all who will witness! Let’s take a step back and look at all of the swoon-worthy, intimate wedding details, that can be shared between you and your soon-to-be spouse. Specifically, in this blog, we will talk about the benefits and disadvantages of choosing private vows or a first look.
If declaring your love in front of a room full of people isn’t something you are too keen on, then private vows might be for you! There a multiple ways to incorporate this intimate wedding detail into your day, even if you are not having a first look. If you aren’t planning on seeing each other before the ceremony, private vows can be written and read by each individual as they get ready or you can read your vows to each other while you stand on opposite sides of a wall (or door). If you are planning to have a first look, often the private vows are be read to each other.
What are some benefits to this intimate wedding detail? I’m going to let you know below!
If you’re shy it is a great way to express your promises to your spouse without feeling the pressure of public speaking.
You don’t have to censor your feelings! This is for your spouses (& photographer & videographer’s) eyes and ears ONLY. You can let your deepest, and sometimes inappropriate, feelings fly.
The photos and videos that come from these moments will have you sobbing now and in 20 years when you show your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
Just imagine how romantic the moment will be between you both. As your soon-to-be partner professes their love for you in a very private and intimate setting with words written for you and only you.
A first look is when the couple sees each other prior to the ceremony. This is an intimate wedding detail that creates a moment between the two of you, away from the eyes of family and friends. While this is not for everyone, there are many wonderful reasons why couples choose to have a first look and many equally wonderful reasons they choose not to. I have included a small pro and con list below:
- If you are anxious or nervous this is a wonderful time to shake those feelings. It can make you more present and calm during the actual ceremony.
- If you’re a crier, like me, you can touch up your make up for the ceremony!
- Picture location can be anywhere you choose. If you want to find a cool and unique location, that is not by your ceremony, you can choreograph the backdrop.
- With a first look, you can complete photos prior to the ceremony and not be absent during the cocktail hour! Bridal party, family portraits, and couple photos can also be done at this time.
- It is one more way to create an intimate wedding detail between you and your partner. Of course, this is your day, so you can choose to have these private and romantic moments between the two of you.
- Your guests will miss out on the moment when you first lock eyes on each other.
- It is a tradition to wait until the ceremony to see your bride on the wedding day.
- That one moment can be a defining moment at the beginning of your marriage that you want to share with the ones you love.
- You may have to touch up your own makeup if you don’t have someone onsite.